Pizzato DNA 99 Single Vineyard Merlot 14% 750ml
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Currently, Merlot is considered the grape variety that yields the best results for fine wines in the Serra Gaúcha and Vale dos Vinhedos regions. From the same vineyard plots that gave rise to the Pizzato Merlot 1999, and adjacent ones, PIZZATO presents the fifth edition - the others being 2005, 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2014 - of this exclusive Merlot, that of the 2015 harvest, a year in which the grape development conditions and the wine's outcome were very similar to those of 1999.
And why name it DNA99? Because it comes from the same location/vineyard, from old vines with low yields, or from a plot renewed on the same soil, with a climate during the growth and maturation period similar to that of the 1999 harvest, and the same people responsible for the vineyards and wine production.
- 95 points, Decanter Magazine (England), Oct, 2018, Expert’s Choice;
- 94 points, Decanter Magazine (England), Oct, 2019, Expert’s Choice;
- 94 pts Wines of Brazil Awards 2019 (best overall wine, wine/sparkling)
- 94 points Decanter (Oct-2016)
- 93 points Decanter (Steven Spurrier)
- 93 points Weinwirtschaft (Germany)
- 92 points "Guia Adega de Vinhos do Brasil 2013/2014"
- Wine Enthusiast Highlighted as top Brazilian wine/sparkling
- Best Brazilian wine among reds, whites, and sparklings at "Guia Adega de Vinhos do Brasil 2013/2014"
- 90 points Guia Adega de Vinhos do Brasil 2012/2013
- 17.5 points Purple Pages by Jancis Robinson
- Best Brazilian wine at "Top Ten Brazilian Expovinis 2011"
- Best Brazilian still wine at "Top 6 Brazil" at Decanter Magazine
Full-bodied and, at the same time, elegant. To be enjoyed now or for aging (great aging potential). Aging in first-use French oak barrels; 'garagiste' toasting. Exclusive and limited production, only in great harvests.
Dark red with purple highlights, dense. Aromas of ripe red fruits, red fruit reduction, black plums, blueberries, spices, dark chocolate. Balanced, with distinctive tannins, full-bodied, and long-lasting. The aftertaste is dominated by flavors of dried plums, sweet spices, and dark chocolate.
Meats in general, game. Risottos, pasta dishes, and other preparations with funghi and moderately spicy dishes. Aged cheeses.
🇧🇷 > Vinho Tinto Pizzato DNA 99